Blogging Advent
Today is the first Sunday in Advent (Stir Up Sunday).
When Puggle was having his nap, I put out his Advent Calendar. It was as I was starting to fill the pockets that I had the blindingly obvious realisation that Advent calendars don't begin at the start of Advent, but at the start of December! Never mind...
So when he woke up he emptied the first three pockets.
I've put a sticker in each one, and then a coloured pencil or a lolly (although, I think I'll replace half the lollies with a coin).
I've also make a note for each day of Advent. So today, being Stir-Up Sunday, is obviously the day for stirring up the Christmas cake (I'll leave the pudding till closer to Christmas because I don't have enough room in the fridge or freezer). Sadly, as we were generally disorganised today, and the boy was not his usual cheerful self, we didn't actually get to make it.
I guess that means it's on the agenda for tomorrow (late enough that Paddington can also assist with stirring).
When Puggle was having his nap, I put out his Advent Calendar. It was as I was starting to fill the pockets that I had the blindingly obvious realisation that Advent calendars don't begin at the start of Advent, but at the start of December! Never mind...
So when he woke up he emptied the first three pockets.
I've put a sticker in each one, and then a coloured pencil or a lolly (although, I think I'll replace half the lollies with a coin).
I've also make a note for each day of Advent. So today, being Stir-Up Sunday, is obviously the day for stirring up the Christmas cake (I'll leave the pudding till closer to Christmas because I don't have enough room in the fridge or freezer). Sadly, as we were generally disorganised today, and the boy was not his usual cheerful self, we didn't actually get to make it.
I guess that means it's on the agenda for tomorrow (late enough that Paddington can also assist with stirring).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home