The Genial Hearth (previously fefifofum)

My old blog... visit The Genial Hearth for current updates!

Name:
Location: Perth, WA, Australia

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Christmas Craft

I really enjoyed today:-)

It was great to have so many people come by. Not such a range of crafts, but still some interesting ones—J's knitted seamless moebius scarf...

In the end, I crocheted dishcloths. I realised that I hadn't planned out what I would get done today, so when I wanted to sit down it was either that, get out the sewing machine (less sociable, and really there were too many children around!) or get the ladder and find the cracker materials... I went for simplicity. (Although I did also finally finish off the last of my current Montessori Material Making project... post to come!)

Of course, half an hour after everyone had left I remembered a pile of things I had thought of doing:-( I had thought of doing some of Dawn's window decorations, beginning work on our Christmas Cards, beginning on next year's calendar, working on Bilby and Baby Girl's advent calendars, making Christmas Crackers, re-visiting last Advent to begin thinking about this year's and beginning to plan my Christmas prep (including starting to think about possible gifts for people). Quite a number of other options!

Still, there's more craft days to come! I'm figuring the 19th of August is looking good for the next one—no theme this time:-) Just come along and craft if you have the urge, or just join us to chat:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home