Nappy Thoughts
I enjoy reading many of Elizabeth's posts. This one, on cloth nappying, really struck a chord with me.
We've been using disposables for a while now (Puggle was in cloth once I got breastfeeding sorted out, until he outgrew the stock I had.) I keep meaning to get back into cloth. Yesterday I finally returned Puggle into terry flats, which I'll continue to do when we're around home. Hopefully, that will make him more aware of his nappy state. I left him cover-free—because I haven't sorted out large covers, and I'm hoping he won't be in them for much longer. I do have some polar fleece though, so if it looks like continuing, I'll make something suitable. Of course, I need to work on folds... making it fit around a toddler and still having enough in the right place to absorb sufficiently is a challenge! I'm using a variation on this fold. Mostly it's working, but the legs are a bit open (and he waddles around for the first minute of a new nappy saying 'I can't walk!'). But he was still asking for a cloth nappy when I changed him.
For Bilby, I need to sort through our nappy stash. We had a nappy-lanche a while ago, and because I wasn't using them, it wasn't a priority to get them organised (it was when she was too small for the nappies we had—yes, it's been a while!)
But, I'm feeling inspired now... It's a good time to get back into the swing of it!
We've been using disposables for a while now (Puggle was in cloth once I got breastfeeding sorted out, until he outgrew the stock I had.) I keep meaning to get back into cloth. Yesterday I finally returned Puggle into terry flats, which I'll continue to do when we're around home. Hopefully, that will make him more aware of his nappy state. I left him cover-free—because I haven't sorted out large covers, and I'm hoping he won't be in them for much longer. I do have some polar fleece though, so if it looks like continuing, I'll make something suitable. Of course, I need to work on folds... making it fit around a toddler and still having enough in the right place to absorb sufficiently is a challenge! I'm using a variation on this fold. Mostly it's working, but the legs are a bit open (and he waddles around for the first minute of a new nappy saying 'I can't walk!'). But he was still asking for a cloth nappy when I changed him.
For Bilby, I need to sort through our nappy stash. We had a nappy-lanche a while ago, and because I wasn't using them, it wasn't a priority to get them organised (it was when she was too small for the nappies we had—yes, it's been a while!)
But, I'm feeling inspired now... It's a good time to get back into the swing of it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home