Montessori Monday—Bolts and Screws
Puggle is very interested in all things tool related (rules I never thought I'd have to make "No drilling people!"). In my Montessori exploration, I'd seen pictures of a bolt/screw box that I had been meaning to approximate, so now seemed like a good time.

This started life as a decorative box, but I've cut the edges off the lid, and trimmed it to size so that it fits upright inside the base. Before gluing it in place, I drilled holes for each of the bolts and screws. There are 4 nuts and bolts (6, 8, 10 and 12 gauge), and three screws and nuts (3/16, 5/32 and 1/4 inch).

I need to 'do' it a few times, and work out which tools I'll actually leave with it (initially I'll probably only leave the screws and nuts, adding the bolts once he's achieved mastery). As it looks now, it's a bit too 'busy'. I also need to work out where it will live. Then I'll present it to him—hopefully within the next week or so, while he's still interested!
(I'll be using information from this Screwdriver and Screws presentation, and this Nuts and Bolts presentation.
This started life as a decorative box, but I've cut the edges off the lid, and trimmed it to size so that it fits upright inside the base. Before gluing it in place, I drilled holes for each of the bolts and screws. There are 4 nuts and bolts (6, 8, 10 and 12 gauge), and three screws and nuts (3/16, 5/32 and 1/4 inch).

I need to 'do' it a few times, and work out which tools I'll actually leave with it (initially I'll probably only leave the screws and nuts, adding the bolts once he's achieved mastery). As it looks now, it's a bit too 'busy'. I also need to work out where it will live. Then I'll present it to him—hopefully within the next week or so, while he's still interested!
(I'll be using information from this Screwdriver and Screws presentation, and this Nuts and Bolts presentation.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home