Blogging Advent - Friday 22nd
Make Fruit Mince Pies.
Did not go to plan.
Last year I found one more jar of the last batch of fruit mince I made. It's been at least two years since the last time I used my fruit mince, so I'm not quite sure how old it is. It is supposed to mature though.
So I didn't plan to make any this year (I do it about mid-November.)
I decided I would take the slacker option and use sheets of ready rolled pastry.
Fortunately, I decided to be sensible and check the fruit mince before I went shopping. I added it to the list:-( It was a bit too old.
But we still didn't get them made...
But I did make a pretty good Pork Roast with Apple and Apricot Risotto for our semi-expected dinner guests!
Tomorrow will end up being a fairly large cooking day, as may Sunday. But at least Paddington will be around to join in:-)
Did not go to plan.
Last year I found one more jar of the last batch of fruit mince I made. It's been at least two years since the last time I used my fruit mince, so I'm not quite sure how old it is. It is supposed to mature though.
So I didn't plan to make any this year (I do it about mid-November.)
I decided I would take the slacker option and use sheets of ready rolled pastry.
Fortunately, I decided to be sensible and check the fruit mince before I went shopping. I added it to the list:-( It was a bit too old.
But we still didn't get them made...
But I did make a pretty good Pork Roast with Apple and Apricot Risotto for our semi-expected dinner guests!
Tomorrow will end up being a fairly large cooking day, as may Sunday. But at least Paddington will be around to join in:-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home