A Charlotte Mason Morning
I've long thought that I need to spend more time outside so that the boy would spend some time exploring the garden (he doesn't spend much time out there if I'm doing anything else, I have to be right there with him). So, this morning, we took a rug and a small pile of books (our 'school' books) out to sit in the yard. I also took some sewing, on the off-chance that he'd wander around.
Later, he went and collected some food, so that we could have a picnic outside. (I need to be a bit more organised about this, maybe if we can sort ourselves out to get outside with everything regularly, it'll be easier to go somewhere to be outside... )
We had a lovely time! We read, and he and I narrated. We sang (although, he wasn't so impressed with that for some reason). He didn't go exploring, but he did lay in my lap and watch the sky. There weren't many clouds, but he talked about the colour, and the birds he could see. It was delightful:-)
Sadly tomorrow has too much else happening to repeat it. Maybe Saturday:-)
Later, he went and collected some food, so that we could have a picnic outside. (I need to be a bit more organised about this, maybe if we can sort ourselves out to get outside with everything regularly, it'll be easier to go somewhere to be outside... )
We had a lovely time! We read, and he and I narrated. We sang (although, he wasn't so impressed with that for some reason). He didn't go exploring, but he did lay in my lap and watch the sky. There weren't many clouds, but he talked about the colour, and the birds he could see. It was delightful:-)
Sadly tomorrow has too much else happening to repeat it. Maybe Saturday:-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home