Progress
I feel as though we accomplished a surprising amount! We even cooked—repeatedly! We've made a couple of variations on the flapjacks from co-op last week, and Puggle did it all with just some help from me (I think we've done them three times... the last two he was fairly independent). Even better is that it has been something he's been asking to do—so not pikelets, but almost:-)
We attempted another visit to Herdsman's Lake, but were thwarted by the weather:-(
Other than that, it's been a lot of reading and chatting. He's continued to 'fly' (the lounge is in complete disarray much of the time:-( ). In swimming he's finally managing to do a back glide (something that has taken a while, because of his tendency to sink), and they've just begun to do freestyle arms (at this stage his is really just a dramatic dogpaddle...).
But it's felt like a good week.
I've been reading some discussions about saying 'yes', and I've been trying it out (well, the 'why not' response). There've been a number of things that we certainly wouldn't have done (multiple attempts of the flapjack recipe, for starters), and I think it has set a different feel on the week. I'm not talking 'open slather', acceeding to all requests, just trying to reserve 'no' for specific reasons. I think it's probably worth continuing the experiment a little longer.
We attempted another visit to Herdsman's Lake, but were thwarted by the weather:-(
Other than that, it's been a lot of reading and chatting. He's continued to 'fly' (the lounge is in complete disarray much of the time:-( ). In swimming he's finally managing to do a back glide (something that has taken a while, because of his tendency to sink), and they've just begun to do freestyle arms (at this stage his is really just a dramatic dogpaddle...).
But it's felt like a good week.
I've been reading some discussions about saying 'yes', and I've been trying it out (well, the 'why not' response). There've been a number of things that we certainly wouldn't have done (multiple attempts of the flapjack recipe, for starters), and I think it has set a different feel on the week. I'm not talking 'open slather', acceeding to all requests, just trying to reserve 'no' for specific reasons. I think it's probably worth continuing the experiment a little longer.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home