The Genial Hearth (previously fefifofum)

My old blog... visit The Genial Hearth for current updates!

Name:
Location: Perth, WA, Australia

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Blogging Advent - Feast of St Nicholas

Woo hoo!

Finally!

Carrot sticks, eaten. Shoes, filled with coin.

This morning Puggle got out of bed and went to check his shoes. By the time I got up (I had a Bilby to feed:-) ), he had the coins spread out on the floor. It was only after I'd started eating my breakfast that he realised that they had chocolate in them! He had a couple, then I 'suggested' we put the rest in the next pockets of his Advent Calendar.

I sliced up one of the sausages of Speculatius from the fridge and cooked them. It certainly made the kitchen smell good! And having the oven on at that time wasn't too bad at all... Perhaps with my other baking (I'm thinking Gingerbread particularly) I should plan on prepping all the biscuits with Puggle, and then cook them in the cool of the evening/morning (I should check the forcast for Friday and the weekend!)

This evening, Puggle checked the pocket for today (Wednesday is our busy day, and I didn't want us to get distracted before we left the house!). Today's activity was to read How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I hadn't got it out—but it was on his bookshelf where I was expecting it to be!

Paddington read it to him before bed.

Success:-)

Now to see how we go tomorrow...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am thinking of making gingerbread cookies for Saturday! Will see if I get there though ...

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home