The Genial Hearth (previously fefifofum)

My old blog... visit The Genial Hearth for current updates!

Name:
Location: Perth, WA, Australia

Monday, August 06, 2007

Montessori Monday—Pencil Holders

Pencil HoldersRecently, I made a set of pencil holders like these. We don't use them only for pencils (with only one child using them as yet, we don't need multiples of any colour), instead they hold pencils and crayons of that colour.

I made them from yoghurt/cream containers, and simply covered them with coloured paper. I have another couple of containers to finish the set (light blue, light green, brown, possibly white and grey) and will eventually replace the taller containers so they are all the same size.

The other day, I rearranged the furninture in the loungeroom, so now Puggle has a table in the corner on which to work. I have moved the pencil holders to the window sill—I like the way they look in the sun (and I'm guessing, so does he... he usually chooses one colour, I'm not sure if his letter 'A' writing is obvious in the picture...he's done each colour!)

This was fairly quick to do, and makes it easy to tidy the pencils away (and provides colour sorting practice!)

1 Comments:

Blogger sajbrfem said...

what a wonderful idea! they look great on the window sil too.


(babalon_93, who is sajbrfem on blogger)

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home