The Genial Hearth (previously fefifofum)

My old blog... visit The Genial Hearth for current updates!

Name:
Location: Perth, WA, Australia

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Children's Games

I realised this morning while looking at Children's Games by Pieter Brueghel, that I have no idea what most of them are playing. We identified Hoops, Chasey, Leapfrog and Stilts. There's something that looks like it could be Blind Man's Buff, but they're playing it with a stick (actually, there are a number of sticks waving around—not so surprising when I consider Puggle and sticks...) There's a couple of children swinging on a beam. There are a few piggy back riders, and some sand play. But there are a number of clusters where they're obviously doing something, but I can't identify it (so far... I thought of more as I was listing them here).

(If you read this on the feed, could you possibly visit the blog and comment there? It means that the comments will be archived for longer than a week or so!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home