Progress
Week 1, Term 1
We read and sang the poem and nursery rhymes each day.
We read The Tale of Peter Rabbit and Little Red Riding Hood over four days each. Mostly I narrated back to him what had happened the previous day(s), although Puggle did contribute some details. I'm expecting that will improve over the next couple of months. He would go very excitedly to get the books off the shelf for the reading and singing:-) I wasn't sure how he'd go with the story from The Blue Fairy Book, because there are no pictures (we're using an e-text), but he seems quite happy with it.
We've been singing Go Get the Ax and he seems to be really enjoying it! He often asks me to sing the "Grandpa's workshop" song:-)
We've been listening to Mozart's Piano Concerto 20. We mostly just dance to it, and then look at Pieter Bruegel the Elder's Children’s Games and talk about what we can find.
I didn't do much for the craft activity this week, I'd planned on cutting out, and sure enough he did some... at the moment it's more just a matter of directing his attention away from things (his mouth, the skipping rope, the table etc.).
We finished up the week by making Fruit Kebabs. I had forgotten that was on the plan when I did the shopping list, so we didn't have the range of fruit I intended. As a result, I didn't get the boy to cut the fruit, I did that and he just threaded it onto the skewers.

All up, it was a pretty good start. We didn't get out and do a nature walk. I think I'll try and go outside and draw something I find. I'll take him with me. Even if we don't get to walk and look, we'll find something interesting to look at closely, and to talk about.
--
As for my resolutions...
I'm getting up a little more reliably in the morning, so we're all getting off to a better start. But I'm not managing to get up earlier than everyone, nor going to bed more successfully (although I am getting earlier). I am pretty regularly drinking a litre of water, usually by lunchtime. Then the rest of the day it kind of falls by the wayside.
I have managed to do my reading on two days this week. I think that four days is achievable, just not necessarily before Puggle wakes up in the morning. I think I will need to use his nap time. Piano hasn't happened yet, but I'll get there!
De-cluttering... not so much. I got very excited by Calli's Want today, and was planning on doing it. But I spent the day at my parent's garage sale helping them to get rid of stuff before they move, by the time I got home I felt as though I'd been deciding about my own stuff. And then it was time to get dinner... I'll get onto it.
We read and sang the poem and nursery rhymes each day.
We read The Tale of Peter Rabbit and Little Red Riding Hood over four days each. Mostly I narrated back to him what had happened the previous day(s), although Puggle did contribute some details. I'm expecting that will improve over the next couple of months. He would go very excitedly to get the books off the shelf for the reading and singing:-) I wasn't sure how he'd go with the story from The Blue Fairy Book, because there are no pictures (we're using an e-text), but he seems quite happy with it.
We've been singing Go Get the Ax and he seems to be really enjoying it! He often asks me to sing the "Grandpa's workshop" song:-)
We've been listening to Mozart's Piano Concerto 20. We mostly just dance to it, and then look at Pieter Bruegel the Elder's Children’s Games and talk about what we can find.
I didn't do much for the craft activity this week, I'd planned on cutting out, and sure enough he did some... at the moment it's more just a matter of directing his attention away from things (his mouth, the skipping rope, the table etc.).
We finished up the week by making Fruit Kebabs. I had forgotten that was on the plan when I did the shopping list, so we didn't have the range of fruit I intended. As a result, I didn't get the boy to cut the fruit, I did that and he just threaded it onto the skewers.

All up, it was a pretty good start. We didn't get out and do a nature walk. I think I'll try and go outside and draw something I find. I'll take him with me. Even if we don't get to walk and look, we'll find something interesting to look at closely, and to talk about.
--
As for my resolutions...
I'm getting up a little more reliably in the morning, so we're all getting off to a better start. But I'm not managing to get up earlier than everyone, nor going to bed more successfully (although I am getting earlier). I am pretty regularly drinking a litre of water, usually by lunchtime. Then the rest of the day it kind of falls by the wayside.
I have managed to do my reading on two days this week. I think that four days is achievable, just not necessarily before Puggle wakes up in the morning. I think I will need to use his nap time. Piano hasn't happened yet, but I'll get there!
De-cluttering... not so much. I got very excited by Calli's Want today, and was planning on doing it. But I spent the day at my parent's garage sale helping them to get rid of stuff before they move, by the time I got home I felt as though I'd been deciding about my own stuff. And then it was time to get dinner... I'll get onto it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home